With the support of Human Resources, the Division continues to strive towards meeting the targets referred to in the HR strategy and has participated in a number of initiatives associated with Improving Working Lives.
The following points outline the key areas of work that have been achieved or are ongoing:-
- All staff within the Division have an annual IPR and construct Personal Development Plans.
- The Division monitors all staff accidents and violent incidents. Many staff have attended the Violence and Aggression training programmes arranged by the Trust and in particular those staff who work alone or in isolation.
- A new full shift rota for Junior Doctors working in the Division has been introduced to ensure that working patterns are compliant with the WTD.
- Flexible rotas for nursing, midwifery and ancillary staff are now encouraged widely.
- The Division successfully achieved Investors in People accreditation in 2005
The Trust strives towards meeting the targets referred to in the HR strategy and has participated in a number of initiatives associated with Improving Working Lives.