Current Equality Objectives
The Trust’s Equality Objectives have been informed by and based on:
Review of relevant demographic information, our workforce and patient services data.
Our service and improvement plan priorities.
Consultations held with our patients, people and partners
The Trust is required to set equality objectives, at least once every four years and outline steps it will take to achieve them.
The Trust has set the following six equality, diversity and inclusion objectives for the period 2023 to 2026:
- To grow a compassionate and inclusive culture, which is evidenced by our employee and patient voices
- To evidence that patients (and others) who are challenged to communicate easily, are able to access all of the services we offer.
- To widen participation in the delivery of Trust services for our local community by increasing employment opportunities across all protected characteristics.
- To evidence our people are better equipped and feel confident to spot and deal with EDI issues in their day-to-day work.
- To evidence social disadvantage and health inequalities are addressed by putting EDI at the heart of our institutional processes and decision making.
- To evidence our commitment for promotion of EDI best practice by being recognised as a exemplar in the North-West Region and beyond.
The Trust’s EDI Strategy for the period 2023 to 2026 is available to download here.
COCH EDI Action Plan for the period 2023 to 2024 will be published in July and will be available for download from this page.
The Trust is also required to report annually and publish how it is meeting the:
- NHS Workforce Disability Equality Standard.
- Government’s Gender Pay Gap REPORTING requirements.
- NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard.
Commencing 2023, the Trust will publish a combined Workforce Report annually to:
Improve alignment across EDI Action Plan priorities and reporting.
Improve coordination and service outcomes.