Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Enhancing access and inclusion.
Under the Equality Act 2010, the Trust is required to take steps to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
The Equality Act 2010 recognises nine protected characteristics and provides protection to people against discrimination on the grounds of:
- gender reassignment
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
For effective implementation of the Equality Act and relevant NHS Standard Requirements, we work with our patients, people and partners to:
- Identify and meet individual needs based on their personal circumstances.
- Set equality objectives and outline steps we’ll take to meet them.
- Undertake peer review and annual public grading of our performance.
- Publish the Trust’s annual state of EDI report.
- Compare how the Trust is performing against similar NHS Provider Organisations in the region and nationally.
To find out, how you can take part in our equalities conversation to improve services for our patients, people and partners click here.
To view the Trust's current Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) Metrics and Action Plan 2023-2024 click here
To view the Trust's current Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) Metrics and Action Plan 2023-2024 click here
To view the Trust’s current equality objectives, access EDI Strategy, Reports and Action Plan click here.
To access Trust’s past EDI publications click here.
For information on the Trust’s EDI Steering Committee click here.
For information in an alternative language or format please contact the Trust on Freephone 0800 195 1241.
For EDI queries and concerns, get in touch with:
Surendra Shroff Trust Lead on Equality, Diversity & Inclusion. Email Surendra.Shroff@nhs.net