111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It's fast, easy and free. Call 111 or use NHS 111 online and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Depending on the situation NHS 111 can:
- Book you in to be seen quickly and safely, at an Accident & Emergency (A&E) / Emergency Department
- Direct you to an alternative, more appropriate local service, such as an urgent care centre
- Connect you to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
- Arrange a face-to-face appointment, if required
- Tell you how to get any medicine you need
- Help you with self-care advice
More information about NHS 111 is available online here.
There is also: