Visiting reopens at Countess of Chester and Ellesmere Port Hospitals
Visiting is reopening at the Countess of Chester and Ellesmere Port Hospitals from Monday 25 April.
Patients’ loved ones will be able to visit from 1pm to 3pm and 5pm to 7pm each day. A maximum of two visitors per bedside will be allowed at any one time.
Hilda Gwilliams, Director of Nursing and Quality, said: “We have always remained committed to reopening visiting as soon as it was safe to do so because we recognise just how important it is for our patients and their loved ones.”
Visiting was last open at the Countess briefly over Christmas before closing again due to the recent Omicron wave.
Now that those numbers have declined, in line with fresh national guidance, the Countess is reopening visiting but this will still be carefully managed to keep all patients, visitors and staff as safe as possible.
All visitors will be required to wear face masks and will be asked to follow hand hygiene guidance.
Visitors will be asked not to attend if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Mrs Gwilliams added: “We would urge all visitors to do what they can to help us by wearing face masks and using hand sanitiser when entering and leaving ward areas.”
Guidelines for visitors:
- All wards and general departments will be open for visitors between 1pm and 3pm and also 5pm and 7pm every day.
- Booking is not required.
- Visitors can stay for as long as they wish during the designated visiting times.
- No more than two visitors will be allowed at each bedside at any one time. This was the guidance we followed pre-pandemic.
- All visitors will be asked to follow hand hygiene guidelines.
- All visitors must wear a hospital standard face mask on arrival at the main entrances of our buildings.
- Visitors will be asked not to attend if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Visitors mustnot come to the hospital if they are:
Full visiting information is on our website here.